Play Learn Discover is an exciting new monthly in-centre activity, perfect for children up to 4 years and a great way for parents & guardians to explore and engage with their little ones.
Free to participate every third Wednesday each month in centre at Alexandria Homemaker Centre, located on level 1 outside of Spotlight.
Session times: 9.30AM | 10.15AM | 11.00AM.
The programs run for about 30 minutes in duration and each contains:
- An educational component
- A creative component
- And a sensory play component.
With musical instruments, each program begins and ends with songs where kids learn about things such as self-awareness, unique qualities and teamwork.
The creative components are designed to allow kids to explore their senses while creating and to also leave the session with a take home memento of their visit.
The sensory play area is designed and set up for sensory exploration, for children to investigate and develop their own ideas. Sensory play aids in cognitive development and the more senses involved, the better.
No month will be the same, with different focuses and themes.
See below upcoming dates & themes
Wednesday January 19th, 2022
– Wild Animals discovery from PGW’s Big book of discovery
– Activity – Animal craft creation.
– Sensory Discovery Play area.
Play Learn Discover – Alexandria Homemakers Centre 2022
Wednesday February 16th, 2022
- Theme: Shapes discovery
- Activity: Dough Shapes
Wednesday March 16th, 2022
- Theme: Farm Animals
- Activity: Paper Farm Sticker Scene
Wednesday April 20th 2022
- Theme: Letters and Numbers
- Activity: Themed Discovery Jar
Wednesday May 18th, 2022
- Theme: Colours
- Activity: Squishy Rainbow Canvas Art
Wednesday June 15th, 2022
- Theme: Seasons
- Activity: Foam Snow Globe Picture Frame
Wednesday July 20th, 2022
- Theme: Emotions/ feelings
- Activity: feelings monsters